Welcome to The Federal Corner. Federal agencies disburse billions of dollars in broadband funds each year through multiple agencies and programs. Identifying and educating our state’s broadband stakeholders about these federal programs is essential to Colorado’s ability to secure our “unfair share” of federal funds in order to facilitate broadband access for all Coloradans. In support of Colorado stakeholders’ efforts to secure federal funding, The Federal Corner provides summary information and links to federal initiatives affecting broadband funding policy and programs.
United States Department of Agriculture
See below for the highlights and updates about a few of the USDA connectivity programs. Visit the USDA website for information on all broadband and telecom programs.
ReConnect is a grant, loan, and combination grant/loan program supporting broadband access to rural homes, farms and businesses.
Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant (DLT)
Federal Communications Commission
Programs Administered by Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC)
- E-rate: Ensuring that schools and libraries across the U.S. are connected to information and resources through the internet.
- The application window for funding year 2021, closed on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
- Rural Health Care: Supporting healthcare facilities in bringing world class medical care to rural areas through increased connectivity.
Recent Updates: The application window for funding year 2021 is open, closing on June 1, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. Recordings of previous trainings can be found here.
- Lifeline: Lowering the monthly cost of phone or internet service
- High Cost: Expanding networks in underserved areas so that all people in the U.S. have access to affordable voice and broadband