Lifeline is a federal program that offers a monthly benefit of $9.25 towards phone or internet services for eligible subscribers (up to $34.25 for those living on Tribal/Native lands).
Eligible customers can qualify for the Lifeline benefit if their income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines, or if they participate in a Lifeline qualifying government program such as SNAP or Medicaid. Find out if you qualify:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, on March 30, 2020, an FCC Order waived a number of requirements for participating low-income consumers for 60 days, allowing Lifeline carriers to focus their efforts on assisting customers.
On April 29, 2020, the FCC released an Order that requires the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) to temporarily adjust the guidelines for acceptable documentation. The FCC adjusted the requirements for income eligibility documentation as follows:
Through June 30, 2020, consumers who do not have three consecutive months of income documentation may provide an official document that confirms their current income. Examples include a notice of unemployment benefit payments or a notice of a successfully submitted application for unemployment benefits.
The Order also extends the temporary program changes outlined in the March 30, 2020 Order to June 30, 2020.
How to Apply
View the one-pager on how to apply: Lifeline – How to Apply
View the one-pager on managing your benefits: Lifeline – Manage your Benefits
Visit the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) consumer website for program details:
Lifeline carriers in Colorado:
Below is a list of Lifeline carriers in Colorado. To find a company near you, visit Companies Near Me.
- NE COLORADO CELLULAR, INC.
- COMMNET WIRELESS, LLC – CO
- I-WIRELESS, LLC – CO
- VIRGIN MOBILE USA, LP – CO
- TERRACOM INC. – CO
- TAG MOBILE, LLC – CO
- Q LINK WIRELESS, LLC – CO
- BOOMERANG WIRELESS LLC – CO
- TELRITE CORPORATION – CO
- GLOBAL CONNECTION INC OF AMERICA – CO
- TEMPO TELECOM, LLC – CO
- SAGE TELECOM COMMUNICATIONS, LLC – CO
- AMERICAN BROADBAND & TELECOMMUNICATIONS – CO
- TRACFONE WIRELESS INC. – CO
- SUNFLOWER TELEPHONE CO.,INC. – CO
- BIJOU TEL COOPERATIVE ASSOC. INC
- BLANCA TELEPHONE CO.
- DELTA COUNTY TELE-COMM INC.
- CENTURYTEL OF EAGLE, INC.
- EASTERN SLOPE RURAL TEL ASSN INC
- THE EL PASO COUNTY TEL CO
- FARMERS TEL CO, INC. – COLORADO
- HAXTUN TELEPHONE COMPANY
- BIG SANDY TELECOM, INC.
- NUCLA-NATURITA TEL. CO.
- NUNN TEL. COMPANY
- SOUTH PARK TEL.
- PHILLIPS COUNTY TEL. CO.
- PINE DRIVE TEL. CO.
- PLAINS COOPERATIVE TEL. ASSOC. INC.
- THE RYE TELEPHONE CO. INC.
- COLUMBINE ACQ CORP DBA COLUMBINE TELECOM CO
- STRASBURG TEL. CO.
- CENTURYTEL OF COLORADO, INC.
- WIGGINS TEL. ASSOC.
- CenturyLink – CO