- This event has passed.
Student Connectivity Webinar Series: Provider Solutions
November 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Resources referenced by the speakers during the webinar:
- Common Sense Education and Boston Consulting Group’s “Closing the K–12 Digital Divide in the Age of Distance Learning”
- Comcast Information:
- Internet Essentials Partner Program
- Fourth story in a series about Comcast network COVID-19 response: https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/covid-19-network-report-our-people-challenge-despite-unparalleled-disruption
- Broader info about Comcast network: https://corporate.comcast.com/our-network
- Longer term solutions documented in Andrew Moore’s latest blog: Inadequate Internet May Impact Children’s Lives for Decades to Come
We will see how districts and providers are working together to connect students at home. We will hear from ISPs about how they stepped up to address the challenge that arose at the onset of COVID and what they learned. Providers will discuss the best practices they discovered in the spring and how they are implementing them this fall. We will also hear from school districts about how these solutions and partnerships have helped them support their students and teachers in the transition to remote learning.
This event is part of the Student Connectivity Webinar Series. For more information visit the Student Connectivity Webinar Series page.
- Governor Jared Polis (Welcome Remarks)
- Commissioner of Education Katy Anthes
- Andrew Moore, Boulder Valley School District
- Andy Davis, Comcast
- Jon Saunders, SECOM
- David Armstrong , Las Animas School District
- Mike Felicissimo, Viaero Wireless
- Brian Amack, Morgan School District
- Aaron Macarelli, Visionary Communications
- Jim Poindexter, West Grand School District