- This event has passed.
Student Connectivity Webinar Series: The Future of E-rate
October 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Resources referenced by the speakers during the webinar:
- BVSD’s 2016 FCC E-Rate Waiver Request
- Colorado Attorney General Emergency E-rate Waiver Petition 9.2.2020
- Colorado Education Broadband Coalition (CEBC)
- Chairman Pai’s Response to Senators Regarding Helping Students Maintain Connectivity During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- SHLB Blog: Why E-rate Should Fund Home Broadband During COVID-19
We will be joined by outspoken experts to discuss how E-rate funding relates to student connectivity at home. Currently, E-rate funding can only be utilized for connections to school campuses, preventing schools from offering connectivity solutions to students while they are engaged in remote learning. In this session our panelist will explore concepts to modernize the E-Rate program to accommodate student connectivity to the home through school provided connections or bulk purchasing agreements from existing ISPs.
This event is part of the Student Connectivity Webinar Series. For more information visit the Student Connectivity Webinar Series page.
- Phil Weiser, Colorado Attorney General
- Blake Reid, Associate Clinical Professor at University of Colorado School of Law
- Andrew Moore, CIO, Boulder Valley School District
- John Windhausen, Executive Director, SHLB Coalition
- Delilah Collins, ESEA Office Assistant Director & State E-rate Coordinator, Colorado Department of Education